Our vision is to promote a holistic evangelization as one congregation that worships in two languages (English and Lusoga) but otherwise strives to share every other aspect of our common life from ministry to leadership to fellowship and mission.
Holy Cross Parish Bugembe is a faith community that proclaims the Gospel’s call to bring the light of hope in Jesus Christ to all people through praise and prayer, Liturgy, fellowship and good works. We strive to promote justice, peace and love in our lives and community.
- To bear witness to our faith in and love for Jesus Christ through worship (Proper Liturgy) and service
- To deepen our fellowship and to grow our membership
- To nourish the spiritual well-being of our congregation through the celebration of the Sacraments and the preaching and study of the Word of God.
- To sustain a thriving Christian Education Program that includes Sunday school, a youth group and adult study opportunities
- To use our facilities to meet the artistic (Social) needs of the community
- To transform our parishioners into an economic self-reliant community.
- To promote pastoral care to the sick
Christ Centered: Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. Our parish life begins and continues in Christ, Our Lord and Savior. “Let us profess the truth in love and grow to the full maturity in Christ the head.” (Ephesians 4:11)
Spirit Led: We are guided by the Light of the Holy Spirit, embrace His gifts, and seek to transform them for God’s glory. We strive through learning to grow in holiness and the perfection of Christian charity. “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:35)
One Eucharistic Family: Our celebration of the Eucharistic Banquet is the source and summit of all we are. As we share in God’s abundant grace through all the sacraments, we live as one family in Christ. “Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.” (1 Corinthians 10:16-17)
Witnessing to our Faith: As one community, we come together to touch the lives and faith of our sisters and brothers in need, through our extensive ministries and service to God’s people, wherever we find them. We give witness to our faith in action. “Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:26)